Monday, October 20, 2008

Marcos Restaurant and Lounge - 17525 Highway 99 # A

Stephanie and I ate at Marco's on October 18, 2008. We had lunch. I had the meatloaf special which included meatloaf, mashed potatoes and brown gravy, steamed peas and carrots and a cup of turkey noodle soup. Stephanie had the Almond Chicken Salad which featured almond crusted chicken and Marco's homemade mandarin orange dressing. The original bill was $25. Because we used the Passport Card, we got my entree free so we ended up paying $18 with tax and tip.

We have driven by Marco's a million times as it is in the same shopping center where we rent our movies and do our grocery shopping. Marco's has much to desire in terms of decor. Although we have talked about going in for years (literally), it wasn't until last Saturday that we took the plunge. Attention Marco's: spruce up the place if you want more customers!

The food was tasty. My soup had too much salt. Stephanie's almond chicken tenders were a nice twist on an old favorite but the rest of the salad left much to be desired. The salad was served in a big glass bowl. It consisted of what was quite obviously bagged romaine mix with the chicken breast on top. The dressing was overly sweet for my taste. Also, in the prefab spirit, the vegetables that came with my meal were obviously just steamed frozen P's and C's. The service was attentive but slightly annoying. I was asked 3 times if I wanted more coffee after I had informed the waiter that I had had enough.

If they spruce the place up, we might go back. The clientele were mostly old people reading newspapers sprinkled with a few bikers in the lounge area. We felt like we could easily make the food at home.

Marco's Restaurant and Lounge - Grade: 2 (acceptable).

No comments: