Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sparta's Pizza and Spaghetti - 17630 Highway 99, Lynnwood

Stephanie and I had lunch with our friends Aaron and Joelle (look for possible guest columns) at Sparta's on October 26, 2008. Stephanie had a hot chicken sandwich and I had eggplant parmesan. Stephanie also had a house salad with creamy feta dressing and I had potato cheddar soup.

We got a really good vibe from Sparta's and immediately got the sense we would like it. The atmosphere was warm and the place was patronized by some families. My potato cheddar soup was excellent, as was the dressing on Stephanie's salad. The salad itself, however, was underwhelming. It consisted of olives, cheese and bagged iceberg lettuce. Given my level of expectation after walking in the door, I was a little disappointed with our meal. I thought that the sauce was too sweet. Also, I though that Stephanie chicken sandwich could have used some of the sauce (despite its sweetness). Lunch for the two of us was $29 plus tip

Sparta's, you are a restaurant I want to love but you're not quite there. Grade - 2 (acceptable).

P.S. Sparta's, according to Sparta's, has the best pizza in the universe. Look for a follow up post next time we want to order in pizza and I will attempt to validate this claim.

No comments: